Personal Injury Attorney: 25+ Years of Proven Advocacy
While many prescription drugs do work to improve health, some drugs can cause hazardous side effects, or worse, catastrophic, life-threatening injuries. When this happens, seeking legal action can not only help you obtain the compensation you need to recover, but it can also protect other consumers from injuries. At the McGartland Law Firm, our founding lawyer has a well-earned reputation for delivering aggressive, effective representation to injured victims. Trust in our award-winning advocacy and expert knowledge of civil trial law to get you the recovery you deserve.
We are ready to listen to your situation - Request your free consult.
If we lose your case, then you don't pay us a penny.
Causes of Dangerous Pharmaceuticals
The pharmaceutical market is a billion-dollar industry with constant pressure to keep growing their profits. But when companies prioritize profits over the safety of consumers, unsafe drugs end up in the market and in the homes of millions of innocent people.
What can lead to dangerous prescription drugs?
- Improper manufacturing or contamination
- Insufficient safety testing
- Incorrect packing or bottling
- Poor labeling and misinformation
In some cases, the drug manufacturer may be to blame. In others, it may have been the testing lab's fault for not conducting thorough tests on the drug's safety. When you work with our firm, we can help you investigate the drug, the manufacturer, distributer, and testing facility to locate any evidence of negligence. We have access to an extensive network of leading experts and professionals who can help you maximize your product liability claim.
Hold Negligent Drug Manufacturers Responsible
Unsafe prescription drugs have killed thousands and harmed millions of consumers. It is important that you not only receive compensation for your injuries, but to make sure a company's unsafe practices do not harm other consumers. Your claim can not only make a difference in your personal life, but also the greater public good.
Our team has represented claims against a variety of defective drugs, including:
- Benicar® -This drug is typically prescribed to regulate blood pressure. But many individuals have suffered intestinal injury, severe gastrointestinal issues, and chronic diarrhea due to the use of Benicar. If you have experienced any of these or similar symptoms as a result of using Benicar, see a doctor immediately and contact us.
- Testosterone -Men who have used testosterone products and supplements have reported serious strokes, cardiac, and other heart-related complications. These side effects are dangerous and you should consult a medical professional about your symptoms.
- Actos® - If you were prescribed this for your diabetes and later developed cancer, you are not alone. Individuals seeking representation for their Actos lawsuit can trust in our quality legal services.
- Vioxx®- During the short time that Vioxx was on the market, it caused widespread personal harm, including stroke, heart attack, and death. Don't let the company get away with manufacturing a defective product.
- Xarelto® - This blood thinner can cause your blood to lose the ability to clot, leading to dangerous and often deadly bleeding. If you have a loved one who died as a result, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Yaz® - When using Yaz for birth control, many women discovered an increase in strokes and heart attacks, as well as other circulatory and heart-related abnormalities.
- Yasmin® - Similar to Yaz, Yasmin lawsuits also can cause heart disorders caused by use of this birth control. Side effects of using the drug can be life-altering and life-threatening.
- Ocella® - As Ocella's list of dangerous side effects become more frequent, lawsuits against this birth control company have also increased. Suits often involve the drug's potential to cause strokes and heart attacks.
- Zofran® - Zofran is an anti-nausea drug. It has been frequently prescribed for "off-label" usage, particularly to combat morning sickness. Reports have shown that usage can lead to a 30% increase in developing birth defects.
Why should I file a claim with an attorney?
You should be able to trust the drugs that are being prescribed to you. When drug companies violate your trust by releasing dangerous pharmaceuticals, let our legal team seek justice for you. By pursuing a claim with an experienced lawyer, you can make sure you present the most effective claim possible. At our firm, we do not stop until we get the maximum compensation you are entitled to by law. Remember that you are not alone - we will be with you every step of the way.
Contact our firm today to begin your claim.
Schedule a complimentary case consult when you call (817) 332-9300.