Modern medicine has allowed people to feel better, live longer, and has saved countless lives over the years. Many of us place the same trust in our prescription drugs that we place in the doctors who prescribe them—but unfortunately, many of these medications will do more harm than good.
It is important to remember that pharmaceuticals are not created by doctors, they are created by the pharmaceutical companies. While a doctor may have your best interests at heart, the drug industry has only one goal: profit. Drug companies will often use unethical marketing practices, fail to properly test their products, or use incentives to get their products into as many hands as possible, harming millions of patients as a result.
The McGartland Law Firm helps patients nationwide get compensation for injuries caused by many different kinds of dangerous drugs, including:
- Birth control (including Yaz®, Yasmine®, and Ocella®)
- Anti-nausea medications (including Zofran®)
- Diabetes drugs (such as Actos®)
- Heartburn medications (such as Prilosec® and Nexium®)
- Chemotherapy medications (including Taxotere®)
- Blood pressure medicines (such as Benicar®)
- Hormones (including testosterone)
- Pain medications (such as Vioxx®)
- Blood thinners (including Xarelto®), and
- Many more
While some side effects of medication can be expected, many patients will suffer reactions that place their health and lives at risk. In many cases, the consequences of taking a drug can be far worse than the condition the drug was meant to treat, causing cancer, birth defects, strokes, heart attacks, organ damage, gastrointestinal problems, severe bleeding, and even death.
If you or someone you love suffered severe side effects or was killed as a result of a dangerous drug, call us today to speak with a legal representative about your case.